Friday, April 14th, 2006 at 10:56 pm by EbonyMom
1. I know a million children’s Bible songs. My family went through a couple of different religious experiences while I was growing up and one of the most memorable was our time in the Church of Christ. We rode the Joy Bus to church a couple of times a week and sang the whole way there and the whole way back. Its amazing all the things that children can learn through music- I still remember the books of the Bible thanks to the songs as well as just about every Biblical character EBoy comes home from school discussing. EDad finds my songs hilarious since some of them are a little special
2. I am not a fan of romance films/books. While its lovely to live in a land of fantasy at times I find the obsession with romance (particulary in today’s world where people meet, fall in love and sleep together within the first 12 hours of knowing one another) quite disheartening. I grew up hoping for that sort of love and while I adore the husband that I have I am thankful that our romance was based on friendship rather than some hyped up Hollywood facade.
3. I love reading manuals. Whenever we get a new gadget I sit down and read the whole thing from cover to cover while EDad just shakes his head.
4. My current favorite food is brussel sprouts (fresh ones ONLY- no soggy frozen ones) steamed with a bit of garlic and then drizzled with flaxseed oil
5. My high school class has never had a reunion and probrably never will. As you know I was an army brat growing up and attended a military high school. Planning a reunion is hard when everyone (and their parents) are now scattered all over the world. I can’t lie, even if they have one I wouldn’t attend anyways.
6. I taught myself how to drive a stick. I bought an older manual transmission jeep when we lived in New York. I picked it up, got minimal instructions from the old owner and then proceeded to drive to DC. Never had a single issue after that (I loved that jeep- still miss it!)