Tuesday, October 31st, 2006 at 12:33 pm by EbonyMom
In 1 short hour my little whirlwind of an EBaby managed to do the following:
- Climb up the back of the couch- laughing and then falling on his head
- Spit an entire glass of water out onto my feet
- Steal 3 rescue heros and their accompanying vehicles from his brother- choosing ONLY what EBoy was playing with rather than the 1000 other rescue heros and vehicles we have laying around
- Dump his jello onto the kitchen floor and gently use his hands to buff the tiles
- Wash hands and get his hair full of soap and water
- Get onto EDad’s desk, pull down a brand new spindle and use the cds as frisbees
- Climb up the back of the couch AGAIN and fall off the back AGAIN
I’ve been fairly exhausted here lately with the season change and all of the household changes/uncertainties we have going on so I’m at a loss when it comes to how to deal with my baby Taz. I’ve tried talking gently but firmly (he laughs and finds my repimands hilarious), redirecting him (yells and shakes his fist in my face until he’s able to return to whatever terror he was invoking) and time outs (much gnashing of teeth but again not deterred from going right back to the same trouble).
Looking at him now has been made even more difficult by the fact that he was the sweetest most gentle baby I’ve ever seen. He was the sort of infant that made my ovaries ache - wanting 10 more just like him.
But after his reign of terror and destruction his brother ran in to tell me something with the brightest smile he’d had all day. “Mommy! My brother SHARED with me! He’s my friend!”
That one moment of brotherly love shining from EBoy’s face made the day of chasing Destructobaby all worth it. I know this is a phase that someday he’ll outgrow (if your child has not outgrown this, don’t tell me- I have to have my dreams just to make it through!)
Now excuse me while I try to figure out where EBaby hid my shoes so that we can go to the store. I have to buy two new toothbrushes to replace the ones the boys used to scrub the toilet.