Monday, October 20th, 2008 at 8:00 pm by EbonyMom
Amidst my last week of puking everything from food to water I’ve been trying desperately to find some silver linings amongst the clouds that can overwhelm me from time to time. Here’s a list of things that are making me feel a bit better:
- My parents dropping their weekend plans to spend the weekend with us and help entertain the boys so I could rest and EDad could get a little break
- My mother’s anger when she walked in and found me removing fresh linens from the dryer. “I came here to do THAT!” and from now on I’ll accept the help
- Wonderful friends who have called out of concern, asking to help in any way possible
- My fab new OB who is trying her hardest to find a way to cure my horrible sinus drainage so I can finally hold down food
- My Dad who is coming to stay with us for a few days to chauffer the boys. He told me this is obviously the reason God has finally allowed us to all live closer than we ever have before and he’s happy to help
- Memories of the sweet doting sister friends I met at Disney. There is nothing in the world like having 9 women insist that you take it easy, get to sit first, and simply must EAT!
- The sympathetic ear that a wonderful friend provides. This is a hard thing to go through but so nice to be able to discuss with someone who has been through hyperemesis.
- Hugs from my boys. Time spent cuddling with EBoy so he can tell me all about his day and visits from a concerned ETot to check on me to see if I feel better yet
- A wonderful and amazing husband who has been doing the job of 3 parents at once- handling breakfast, getting ready, drop off to school and then homework and dinner time in the evening.
- A brand new prescription which prayerfullly will finally get me on the way to feeling better
- Finally seeing the light at the end of the first trimester tunnel (next week) and desperately hoping it will make a difference somehow to go into the second
With all of these positives things have got to get better. I know without a doubt that this is my final pregnancy and I’m just looking forward to the opportunity to bask in the beauty and wonder of growing my last little one instead of spending my days hugging the toilet. Thanks to all of the kind words, comments, and emails I’m grateful for each and every one of you as well!